Mid-Michigan District Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. Welcome to apply for any vacancy that we have posted here or in the media. Please note that not all of our vacancies are posted here due to one reason or another. If you find a posted vacancy of ours somewhere else, you can still use the following form for your convenience.
For details, please contact HR at MMDHD by phone, fax, or email:
Environmental Health Specialist I/II, Full-time Position
Mid-Michigan District Health Department
Job Posting Date: June 9, 2017
Application Deadline: June 23, 2017
Mid-Michigan District Health Department has an opening for a full-time Environmental Health Specialist I/II to provide public health services based on the core competency and essential functions of public health. This position’s base will be in the Gratiot Branch Office located in Ithaca and will be expected to work district-wide. This position will work under the supervision of the Environmental Health Supervisor.
General Description of Responsibilities:
Qualified applicant will be assuring compliance with applicable state and local laws and regulations; providing public education; reviewing plans; forming and maintaining positive relationships with community partners; and applying critical thinking/problem solving skills. Applicant will be responsible for inspecting, and evaluating premises and establishments of public health significance such as food service establishments, public swimming pools, public campgrounds, on-site water supplies and on-site sewage disposal systems. Daily physical activity is typically required. Primary program assignments will include the Food Safety and Education Program, Sewage Disposal Management Program and the Water Quality Program.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health, Biology, or related fields
- Ability to utilize varied technologies and Microsoft Office programs; as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Physical Requirements: Sitting; standing; kneeling; bending and twisting; lifting to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds. Able to appropriately utilize Environmental Health equipment such as augers, probes, etc.
- Registration as a Sanitarian in Michigan or with the National Environmental Health Association desired
- Certified by a MDARD Standardized Field Trainer or ability to be standardized for evaluating food service establishments within 6 months desired
Hourly Wage Range – $19.49 – $23.76 / $21.23 – $25.88
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume along with a completed employment application that may be downloaded from our Agency website at www.mmdhd.org under – About MMDHD/Employment and send to: Mid-Michigan District Health Department, Attn: Human Resources, 615 N. State St., Suite 2, Stanton, MI 48888 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2017. EOE.